Thursday, December 15, 2005

Howard Stern: The End of An Era

12.15.05 - It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to the Howard Stern Show. At least in its current format, which has persisted successfully for over 20 years.

In an increasingly emotional week, the self-proclaimed King of All Media has delivered some of his best radio by inviting a slew of great guests to his morning program.

Howard has given millions a reason to get up in the morning and a way to help them get through their morning drive. His sharp wit, wild intellect,and unique sense of humor have attracted his dedicated listeners to his daily show, often calling in with off-the-wall remarks and juvenile humor.

Tomorrow, December 16, will be Stern's last day on Infinity radio and he plans a big New York party for his fans, including a wild rally in the streets of the Big Apple, rain or come shine.

I personally have grown a strong attachment to Howard's radio program. He has kept me laughing and influenced me in many ways. Sometimes he feels like a friend that I can't talk back to. I like the fact that he is just a normal, albeit filthy rich, person in his real life and I find I relate to many of his experiences and tribulations.

The bright side to all this is that Howard Stern is taking his show to the next level by moving to Sirius Satellite Radio, where he promises to make his show the riot he has always dreamed it to be. It matters little that it'll cost me $12 a month for the pleasure (not to mention the couple of hundred I spent on hardware.)

I'm staying with Howard as long as he is still around to brighten my day.

I love you, Howard Stern.